mother & baby
Mother & Baby Classes
Yoga For Pregnancy
Mum & Baby Yoga
At Breathe yoga & Pilates we offer several classes that are specially designed for both pre and post natal Mums. These classes are not only exercise classes but they also offer support to new Mums from pregnancy right through to pre-crawling stage. They provide a space where Mums can meet in a social setting and bring babies along too.
Yoga for Pregnancy
For expectant mothers who are 14 weeks +
Pregnancy yoga classes teach safe stretching and strengthening poses to help you cope with the changes taking place in your body. Breathing practices and relaxation techniques are also practised in preparation for labour and birth.
Benefits of Pregnancy Yoga:
- Helps to relieve tension in the lower back, hips, neck & shoulders through gentle stretching
- Calms the nervous system through deep breathing practices which helps the body to relax and de-stress
- Preparation for labour – by practicing breath work during a yoga class you’ll learn how to release tension, relax and let your body’s natural instincts to take over.
- Connection with your baby – by slowing down and focusing our attention we become more connected to what is happening within.
- Sense of community – It can be very comforting to be in a class surrounding by women who understand what you are experiencing
Do I need to bring anything to the class?
In the light of the Covid 19 pandemic we advise all clients to bring their own mats, blankets and cushions to class. We have some you can borrow in case you forget!
Mum & Baby Yoga
Suitable for babies from 12 weeks to pre-crawlers
Our Mum & Baby yoga classes follow the Birthlight, Mother & Baby yoga programme. The classes teach gentle exercises for both mum and baby in a relaxed and sociable environment with a big emphasis on having fun.
At this stage in their development, the babies are becoming more aware of other people in their surroundings and so love interacting with the other babies in the class.
The benefits of yoga for babies include:
- Strengthening of their developing muscles
- Improved digestion and relief for colicky babies
- Stimulation of all the senses which contributes to development of the brain and nervous system
- Helps to settle babies and improve sleep patterns
- Enhances communication and bonding between mother and baby
The benefits of yoga for mums include:
- Promotes general health and mental well being
- Helps to tone and strengthen the abdominal and pelvic floor muscles
- Teaches how to regain and maintain healthy posture after birth.
- Relieves stiffness in the shoulders
- Nurtures the special bond between mother and baby
- Teaches relaxation
One of the main aims of the Mum & Baby yoga class is to provide a social outlet for both mother and baby. Therefore, after class we invite you to stay for a cuppa and a chat!
Suitable for babies from 8 weeks onwards
Learn to massage your baby from 8 weeks old, with practical guidance and advice from Brid.
- Enhanced relaxation, helps induce sleep
- Assists in reducing colic and aids digestion
- Heightens carer/baby relationship
- Carer to baby massage
- Discussions on issues associated with young babies e.g. breast feeding, weaning etc
- Chance to meet other new parents
One of the main aims of our baby massage class is to provide a social outlet for both mother and baby. Therefore, after class we invite you to stay for a cuppa and a chat!
Our next baby massage 5 week course of starts Tuesday 7th June 2022 at 10.30am for 90min. This course is available both in studio and live online you can book via the link on our book and buy page the course costs €60.
Many Health Insurance companies refund up to €100 off the cost of Baby Massage classes so do check with your Health Insurance provider.