workshops & events
Workshops & Events
Over the years we’ve had many different types of workshops. We have always been interested in giving everything a try from laughter yoga, Kundalini yoga and Chakra yoga, to big ball Pilates and Sound bath healing. But by far, our most popular workshops have been Restorative yoga, Yin yoga and Facia Flow Pilates. This year we are adding Slow Mindful Yoga and Woman’s Wellbeing to the Workshop series. We run these workshops/classes, usually on Friday evenings. The perfect way to unwind at the end of a busy week!
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram and stay updated on upcoming dates. Any concerns don’t hesitate to contact us via email, social media, sms or phonecall.
All events & workshops are payable in advance via our book and buy page.
Upcoming Workshops & Events
Womens Wellbeing how to Embrace, Empower and Enjoy Midlife, with the help of movement & relaxation techniques. This workshop is specifically tailored to support your health and wellbeing though out midlife and beyond. Both the workshop and the weekly course are also available for private/corporate groups and can be brought to your location, if required. Please contact us to discuss details.
As a woman approaches midlife there are many challenges to contend with not least career development and family life (young children, teenagers and or older relatives). Add to that mix a range of peri-menopause symptoms and things can get very complicated very quickly.
We are here to support you through this transition with a variety of movement including elements of pilates and yoga, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques. We include tips and information on a range topics from bone health to brain fog, pelvic floor exercises and the benefits of deep relaxation for both mind and body. If you missed this course earlier earlier in 2022 get in touch. Elements of this course will be available as a workshop on Friday 10th February 2023 we are happy to discuss your needs and we are keeping a list of expressions of interest in either the course or a workshop.
Keep an eye on our schedule for updates on our 90 min Workshops which take place in studio for limited numbers. These are often hybrid classes so they can also be available online for those of you who prefer to join us from the comfort of your own home. You can pay the once off workshop rate of €25 or use your current class pack (4 credits needed) to book your spot at Slow Mindful Yoga, Restorative Yoga, Yin Yoga, Woman’s Wellbeing and Facia Flow Pilates. Please check our current timetable (book and buy page) for the most up to date schedule.
- Slow Mindful yoga workshop Friday 13th Jan 2023 at 7.00pm. This is a slow paced class with the aim to empower you with a set of self management tools to help you actively engage in self-care. It includes breathing techniques and gentle yoga practices to help you cope with many common physical problems such as low back pain, stiff joints, poor sleep and also mental health issues like stress, anxiety, depression.
- Facia Flow Pilates workshop Friday 27th Jan 2023 at 7.00pm. This full body facia flow Pilates is very popular and books up fast. This class is suitable for everyone from absolute beginner to the more experienced. You will learn how to release tension in the body, rehydrate the muscles and regulate the autonomic nervous system. The facia forms the largest system in the body as it is the system that touches all other systems.
- Woman’s Wellbeing Workshop dates to takes place Friday 10th Feb 2023. We are here to support you through your midlife (Peri menopause, menopause and post menopause) transition with a variety of movement including elements of pilates and yoga, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques. We include tips and information on a range topics from bone health to brain fog, pelvic floor exercises and the benefits of deep relaxation for both mind and body.
- Restorative yoga dates to be confirmed for 2023
- Yin yoga dates to be confirmed for 2023
Past Workshops & Events
Restorative Yoga Workshop
Restorative yoga workshop Friday 11th Nov 2022 at 7.00pm. Enjoy 90 minutes of sheer relaxing bliss in this restorative class at a slow, gentle pace. This practice is suitable for all from the absolute beginner to the seasoned practitioner, no previous yoga experience is needed. It is dedicated time out to deeply relax, rejuvinate and restore both mind and body. A limited number of poses are included and each is fully supported with folded blankets and cushions. Using props like blocks, blankets, bolsters & straps to explore poses to deeply relax the body and open the mind. It is the perfect antidote to the busy lifestyles of today. Give yourself permission to rest, relax deeply and reboot! You will leave this class feeling refreshed, restored and relaxed.
Date: Friday 11th Nov
Time: 7pm – 8.30pm
Yin Yoga Workshop
- Yin yoga workshop Friday 25th Nov 2022 at 7.00pm. The practice of yin yoga consists of a series of long-held, passive floor poses that mainly work the lower part of the body – the hips, pelvis, inner thighs, lower spine. These areas are especially rich in connective tissues. The poses are held for up to five minutes, sometimes longer. Practice of Yin yoga can reduce stress and anxiety, improve flexibility, release fascia and improves joint mobility resulting in balance and calmness for both mind and body.
Date: Friday 25th Nov
Time: 7pm – 8.30pm
Fascia Flow Workshop
Try this full body facia flow incorporating Pilates. This 90 minute workshop will gently release tension in the body, rehydrate the muscles and regulate the autonomic nervous system. The facia forms the largest system in the body as it is the system that touches all other systems.
Facia is a complex network of connective tissue that extends continuously from your head to your toes. This web of tissue surrounds and protects every other tissue and organ of the body. Facia is a fibrous tissue that is extremely strong but also very flexible. Healthy facia is relaxed and can stretch and move without restriction. However, following physical trauma and inflammation (from sports injury, fall, car accident, repetitive stress etc) the facia loses its pliability. It becomes tightly restricted and a source of tension to the rest of the body.