workshops & events
Workshops & Events
Over the years we’ve had many different types of workshops. We have always been interested in giving everything a try from laughter yoga, Kundalini yoga and Chakra yoga, to big ball Pilates and Sound bath healing. But by far, our most popular workshops have been Restorative yoga, Yin yoga and Facia Flow Pilates. This year we are adding Slow Mindful Yoga and Woman’s Wellbeing to the Workshop series. We run these workshops/classes, usually on Friday evenings. The perfect way to unwind at the end of a busy week!
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram and stay updated on upcoming dates. Any concerns don’t hesitate to contact us via email, social media, sms or phonecall.
All events & workshops are payable in advance via our book and buy page.
Upcoming Workshops & Events
Womens Wellbeing how to Embrace, Empower and Enjoy Midlife, with the help of movement & relaxation techniques. This workshop is specifically tailored to support your health and wellbeing though out midlife and beyond. Both the workshop and the weekly course are also available for private/corporate groups and can be brought to your location, if required. Please contact us to discuss details.
As a woman approaches midlife there are many challenges to contend with not least career development and family life (young children, teenagers and or older relatives). Add to that mix a range of peri-menopause symptoms and things can get very complicated very quickly.
We are here to support you through this transition with a variety of movement including elements of pilates and yoga, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques. We include tips and information on a range topics from bone health to brain fog, pelvic floor exercises and the benefits of deep relaxation for both mind and body. If you missed this course earlier earlier in 2022 get in touch. Elements of this course will be available as a workshop on Friday 22nd Sept 2023 we are happy to discuss your needs and we are keeping a list of expressions of interest in either the course or a workshop.
Keep an eye on our schedule for updates on our 90 min Workshops which take place in studio for limited numbers. You can pay the once off workshop rate of €25 or use your current class pack (4 credits needed) to book your spot at Yin Yoga, Woman’s Wellbeing, Kundalini yoga, Slow Mindful Yoga, Restorative Yoga, and Facia Massage Pilates. Please check our current timetable (book and buy page) for the most up to date schedule.
- Yin Yoga Workshop takes place Friday 15th Sept 2023 at 7pm. Yin Yoga is a deeply relaxing, at times challenging, style of yoga which combines deep stretches with long holds to help you release deep held tension. It facilitates greater flexibility at the pace of the student, reducing risk of injury, working deep into the layers of facia. Yin Yoga is the perfect anti-dote to the fast pace of life and more active persuits and activities. We supply all props and mats needed in the studio but if you prefer to bring your own mat thats fine.
- Woman’s Wellbeing Workshop takes place Friday 22nd Sept 2023 at 7pm. We are here to support you through your midlife (Peri menopause, menopause and post menopause) transition with a variety of movement including elements of pilates and yoga, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques. We include tips and information on a range topics from bone health to brain fog, pelvic floor exercises and the benefits of deep relaxation for both mind and body. This workshop includes a handout with a summary of the topics covers and links to useful resources.
- Facia Massage Pilates workshop Friday 6th OCT 2023 at 7.00pm. This full body facia flow Pilates is very popular and books up fast. This class is suitable for everyone from absolute beginner to the more experienced. You will learn how to release tension in the body, rehydrate the muscles and regulate the autonomic nervous system. The facia forms the largest system in the body as it is the system that touches all other systems.
- Kundalini yoga workshop Friday 29th Sept2023 at 7.00pm. This workshop is a combination of breath, movement, and sound. Kundalini yoga is an uplifting practice that focuses on breath and asana (a.k.a. physical postures) along with chanting, meditation, and singing. It differs from other forms of yoga in so far as the asana are often practiced in repetition for a pretty lengthy period of time and move a lot of energy around in your body. The ultimate goal of Kundalini is to increase your self-awareness by silencing your mind and unblocking your chakras so that your vital energy can flow freely.
- Slow Mindful yoga workshop Friday TBC 2023 at 7.00pm. This is a slow paced class with the aim to empower you with a set of self management tools to help you actively engage in self-care. It includes breathing techniques and gentle yoga practices to help you cope with many common physical problems such as low back pain, stiff joints, poor sleep and also mental health issues like stress, anxiety, depression.
- Restorative yoga takes place Friday TBC 2023 at 7pm. This gentle guided sequence is suitable for all, no previous yoga experience is necessary. Give yourself permission to rest, deeply relax and restore your energy levels. Join Marie for this deeply nourishing practice soothing mind, body and soul. Allow yourself to reconnect by accessing the rest/digest (parasympathetic) mode, the anthesis of our often constant fight/flight mode of being.
Past Workshops & Events
Restorative Yoga Workshop
Restorative yoga workshop Friday 11th Nov 2022 at 7.00pm. Enjoy 90 minutes of sheer relaxing bliss in this restorative class at a slow, gentle pace. This practice is suitable for all from the absolute beginner to the seasoned practitioner, no previous yoga experience is needed. It is dedicated time out to deeply relax, rejuvinate and restore both mind and body. A limited number of poses are included and each is fully supported with folded blankets and cushions. Using props like blocks, blankets, bolsters & straps to explore poses to deeply relax the body and open the mind. It is the perfect antidote to the busy lifestyles of today. Give yourself permission to rest, relax deeply and reboot! You will leave this class feeling refreshed, restored and relaxed.
Date: Friday 11th Nov
Time: 7pm – 8.30pm
Yin Yoga Workshop
- Yin yoga workshop Friday 25th Nov 2022 at 7.00pm. The practice of yin yoga consists of a series of long-held, passive floor poses that mainly work the lower part of the body – the hips, pelvis, inner thighs, lower spine. These areas are especially rich in connective tissues. The poses are held for up to five minutes, sometimes longer. Practice of Yin yoga can reduce stress and anxiety, improve flexibility, release fascia and improves joint mobility resulting in balance and calmness for both mind and body.
Date: Friday 25th Nov
Time: 7pm – 8.30pm
Fascia Flow Workshop
Try this full body facia flow incorporating Pilates. This 90 minute workshop will gently release tension in the body, rehydrate the muscles and regulate the autonomic nervous system. The facia forms the largest system in the body as it is the system that touches all other systems.
Facia is a complex network of connective tissue that extends continuously from your head to your toes. This web of tissue surrounds and protects every other tissue and organ of the body. Facia is a fibrous tissue that is extremely strong but also very flexible. Healthy facia is relaxed and can stretch and move without restriction. However, following physical trauma and inflammation (from sports injury, fall, car accident, repetitive stress etc) the facia loses its pliability. It becomes tightly restricted and a source of tension to the rest of the body.